Upward Sports – Basketball and Cheerleading!
The Presbyterian Church of Jackson Hole (PCJH) is a Host Site for this great organization called Upward Sports! (click for more information) A Children, Youth & Family Ministries Program at PCJH.
Enroll today: HERE
Upward welcomes all boys and girls who are in the 1st through 6th grades The cost to participate in the Upward Basketball or Cheerleading Program is $99.00! There will be a 25% discount for each additional sibling. Fees will be due at evaluation dates. You will receive a detailed email after you enroll.
Contact: Jim Hamilton, Director – email@example.com | 417-827-1979
Jim Hamilton is the new Director for Upward Basketball. Jim has a Masters of Sports Science degree from the United States Sports Academy, 30 years of very diverse sport world work experience with 17 years of coaching for all ages and sports including recreation and varsity levels. He was a head high school track and golf coach. He was a school district Athletic Director and a Sports Director for a YMCA. He served athletes at the collage level at Texas State University and was the football chaplain and 18 Years of service on staff with FCA. He was the first State Director of FCA for the state of Wyoming and the Regional Director for FCA serving the states of Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. Most recently an Area Representative in the Greater Austin, Texas area and currently he is the Green River Basin FCA Area Director for Western Wyoming.
New and exciting format:
- Players are evaluated based upon basketball skills and physical assets.
- Teams are built based upon evaluation creating balanced teams.
- Children of coaches can play on the same team as they coach.
- Hybrid practices led by JHHS Head Basketball Coach Samuel Lunz!
Our goal: Upward Sports develop athletes mentally, athletically, spiritually, and socially — producing players who excel both on and off the field.
Practice format for grades 5/6 and 3/4:
• A devotional led by sport leaders within the community
• Followed by a practice time led by volunteer coaches assigned to coach a particular team and implementing the skills and drills highlighted in the clinic time
All 5/6 and 3/4 grade games will be held Friday nights at the Middle School Gyms. * Tentative
Practices/Game format for grades 1/2:
• Two weeks of clinics before games start
• “Practice, then play” on Saturday’s aiming for afternoon’s at PCJH
• Play a game
This will allow younger players to immediately put what they learn in a game setting.
Registration: August 15- September 15
Coaches Meeting:September 6 or 8
Evaluations: September 13 or 15
Practice starts: September 19
Games Start: September 30
Games End: November 5
Awards night: November 10