All community members are invited to come celebrate Halloween at this safe and fun outdoor free event on October 31st in the PCJH parking lot! Get excited for a costume contest, photo booth, games to win tickets for the raffle, some amazingly decorated trunks, and, of course, CANDY (Safely pre-packaged for individual pick-up)! Arrive anytime between 3:00-5:00pm and stay for 30-45 minutes. We ask that participants social distance and wear a mask while enjoying the afternoon! Please join us, or help out by volunteering! Reach out to Liz Collins (email@example.com) and Dylan Wade (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information see below!
In order to make this family experience safe and reduce the risk of any transmission of the coronavirus, we are asking all participants and volunteers follow the following safety protocols as recommended by the Teton County Health Department and CDC.
- 2 ply cloth face coverings must be worn at all times. Plastic costume masks do not count!
- Family groups are to socially distance themselves from other family groups (6ft minimum). A Social Distancing Referee will be making sure no families are getting too close to each other!
- Candy will be pre-sorted and placed in baggies for trick or treaters to pick up individually.
- Sanitation stations will be strategically placed throughout the event to promote clean hands.
- All families will check in and verbally agree to all protocols before entering the event.
GAMES, ACTIVITIES and CONTESTS
Check out these games, activities and contests we will be offering.
- TRUNK OR TREAT–Visit five or more spooky trunks and find prepared baggies of candy at each. Vote for your favorite trunk by placing a canned good at their location. The trunk with the most canned goods wins!
- COSTUME CONTEST/PHOTO BOOTH–Bring the family/group up on stage, a picture will be taken with a festive background. Our panel of judges will determine the top costumes in each of these categories: Most Creative Costume (effort, design, out of the box thinking), Scariest Costume (realistic, frightening), and Best Family/Group themed costumes (groups of 2 or more themed costumes). Winners in each category earn prizes.
- RAFFLE–For each canned good you bring you earn a raffle ticket. You can earn more tickets by doing well at the carnival games.
- CARNIVAL GAMES— Choose between a variety of games such as beanbag toss, free throws, ring toss, and more! Raffle tickets will be awarded to winners!
- LIVE MUSIC–Local artists will fill the air with music and song as we dance and play.
FOR A CAUSE
All canned goods will go to the Jackson Hole Cupboard to help support families in need throughout our community. Bring up to 10 canned goods and use them to vote for your favorite trunks. For a list of needed canned items visit the JH Cupboard website. Any cash donations will support the PCJH COVID-19 Respond Fund. To learn more about this fund please click here and read the Special Offering section.
Thank you to the following businesses and organization for donating to this event. Here is what they donated!
- 2 Free Swims at Astoria Hot Springs
- 30oz YETI Tumbler–JD High Country Outfitters ($35 value)
- 18oz YETI Bottle–JD High Country Outfitters ($30 value)
- 1 Dora the Explorer Tin Box with Zombie Blood and two large popsicles–YIPPY-I-O Candy ($21 value)
- 1 Beauty and the Beast Tin Box with Zombie Blood and two large popsicles–YIPPY-I-O Candy ($21 value)
- $25 gift certificate to Jackson Drug
- 2 x $25 gift certificate to Teton Toys
Contestants can accumulate raffle tickets by donating canned goods, donating money ($1 per ticket), or performing well at a carnival game. All tickets must have a name and phone number/email to be valid. Tickets will be collected as families/groups exit the event. Winning contestants will be contacted by Monday, November 2nd.
- CARNIVAL GAME LEADER– Lead one of 4-5 carnival games. Come in your costume!
- SOCIAL DISTANCING REFEREE– Ride around with a referee costume complete with whistle, looking for families or groups who are too close
- PARKING ATTENDANT– helping families find a place to park.
- CANDY BAG ORGANIZERS– In the week before the carnival helping organize and stock individual candies into baggies.
- CANDY DONATIONS: Donate your bags of candy to the church to safely organize into bags. For more information on types of candy to donate please email Dylan Wade or Liz Collins.